The Sunshine Blogger Award

Hi! :D


I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award by Toxi (thank you :D). This is exciting! BTW, I have the "excitable" trait, if you haven't noticed.

So here are the rule:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
  2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
  4. Notify the bloggers you included.
  5. Keep the rules in your post.
The Questions

1. What did you have for dinner – or, if it’s not dinner time yet, what did you have yesterday? Was it good? Did you cook it yourself?
I had this. It was a'ight--mostly I like it because it's cheap and simple. My husband made it, because I hate cutting onions. :p

2. It’s late at night in a small town and you’re heading home. You can either take a well lit detour – 30 minutes – or the shorter walk through the cemetery – 15 minutes. It’s pitch dark in there. Which route do you choose?
I have horrible night vision, so the 30 minute detour. That, and ghosts. D:

3. Pet birds, you’re getting them – 10 zebra finches or one parrot?
10 zebra finches, for a few reasons: 1. They're adorable; 2. I had a Quaker parrot for awhile and he was AWFUL so I don't think I'm a parrot person; and 3. I know zebra finches wouldn't outlive me. That's comforting.

4. Tell me something about one of your grandparents. Or all of them, if you like.
My paternal grandfather was in the Pacific Theatre during World War II and had PTSD as a result, which was really sad. Whenever people talk about his generation as "The greatest American generation," I think about how much he struggled and how hard his life was after the war.

5. Your favourite teacher in school and why you liked her or him.
This is so hard! I feel like I had a bunch of really great teachers and professors. My favorite teacher was probably my senior year English teacher because she really emphasized the importance of critical thinking, and a lot of our work that semester was independent and self-led. I credit her with making me a self-starter. I probably wouldn't have even gone to university without her. She was also incredibly funny and confident and she dressed really brightly and awww I'm getting so happy thinking about her. :)


 6. Build a tree house or a dollhouse? Get a tree house or a dollhouse?
I'd like to build a tree house! I've actually been eyeing a tree in my backyard to determine whether it's tree house worthy.

7.  Ever had a romance with someone who was taken? If yes, how did it end? If no, define what cheating is to you. Where would you draw the line?
No, I would never do that. Cheating to me is not just physical--it's emotional. The most devastating affairs I have seen are the ones where one party hides his/her emotions from his/her spouse and shares it with another person instead. I see no harm in flirting, but I personally would be devastated if my husband even kissed another woman OR if he shared his personal life with her. That said, I'm not a jealous person.

8. You’re describing the colour pink to someone who was born blind, what would you describe it as?
It's soft and fuzzy like a bunny.

9. Do you want kids? Why/why not? If you already have them, did you always want to? If not, what changed your mind?
I have one child and she was a surprise baby. I didn't always want a kid. I started to change my mind when I was 25 (so three years ago) when I went to Disneyland with my niece and had a great time with her. But I imagined having my first kid in my early thirties. Instead she came a year after I started thinking about kids. I'm one and done, though.

Future me, if you read this, remember these things: colic is awful, your daughter is sixteen months old and she still isn't sleeping through the night, breastfeeding sucks, babies are expensive, and you can probably only afford to send one kid to college. You're an impatient person, me, and you definitely cannot handle two children. DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER BABY.

10. If you’re young, what’s your IDEAL vision of yourself as an adult, say 45 years, where will you live and what will you do. If you’re already an adult, not necessarily 45 but still, what was your ideal vision of yourself as an adult when you were ca 18? Are you close to that vision now? Is it still something you aspire to?
I don't think that far in the future. Right now, I'm doing something I love, so I guess I hope that when I'm 45 I have a job I love and that I'm able to travel. I guess I'm already an adult, though. When I was 18, I probably though I would have a huge house and a great job and I would live in Austin or Portland or something but I was a really stupid teenager so idk.

11. Your MIL is planning to knit you a jumper. She’s taking your measurements and shows you the pattern and yarn she wants to use – the jumper is REALLY ugly. She’s very excited, but knitting the sweater will take her more than a month. Honestly now, will you smile and thank her and then never wear it, or do you tell her you don’t want the jumper before she begins knitting?
Not only would I thank her, I would wear it no matter how ugly it is. I would wear it to family dinners and the mall and for pictures and anything else that would make her happy because my mother-in-law is basically the nicest person on the face of the planet.

My Questions for You!
1. If you were a sim, what would your five traits be?
2. What book has had the biggest impact on you, and why?
3. What keeps you up at night?
4. If you're not a tattoo person, what is the one thing that you would possibly get tattooed on your body (if you were forced to)? If you do like/have tattoos, what is the one style of tattoo you hate the most?
5. What's your favorite marine animal?
6. What tv series or movie could you watch over and over again?
7. You're in charge of coming up with an obscure animal mascot for a sports team. What is it?
8. What's your favorite joke?
9. What's your favorite kind of weather?
10. In a cage fight match to the death, who would win: Fred Flintstone or George Jetson?
11. What's one "rule" (not a grammar or style rule) that you follow while writing?

My Nominations
I'm still getting back into the sim Blogosphere, guys, so I don't have many nominations. Here they are:
1. Chaos Theory
2. Golbeard RLC and Archers Again
3. Secrets of the Sixkillers
4. Sletinn Legacy Challenge
5. Heaven's Legacies (though it hasn't been updated in over a year :c)
6. Matthews' Random Legacy
7. Summerdream

I really want to read more blogs, so if you have a recommendation please leave it in the comments (that way we can share the love!). I'm still working on catching up to a bunch of legacies, but I try to read a few chapters of a blog each day. Anyway...


Comments

  1. Thank you Owly, you are too sweet! Actually, I'm kind of curious to know how you would answer your own questions - 1 and 11 most of all :D I want to know the super secret rule that makes you write so nicely... besides the Bookworm trait, probably, haha.

    I don't know if it's allowed or not, but I nominated you right back :D http://anniesimslegacy.blogspot.co.at/2016/08/the-sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I really enjoy your blog. :D I'll be a diva and answer my own questions:

      1. Hot-headed, vegetarian, bookworm, good sense of humor (I like to think I'm funny, but more in a "cheesy sense of humor" way), neurotic

      2. Bridge to Terabithia. I read it when I was seven or eight, and I think it's the first book that made me cry. I was a lonely kid, and so the thought that the protagonist could find a friend and a safe space and then have it all taken away really devastated me.

      3. I'm neurotic, so....

      4. I think biomechanical tattoos are ugly. They're like uninspired H.R. Giger designs.

      5. Octopus! Related to the previous question, I have an octopus tattoo. I love animal tattoos. :D

      6. Futurama or 30 Rock. I have seen 30 Rock a few times already. XD

      7. The Geoducks!

      8. A piece of string walks into a bar and tries to order a drink. The bartenders says, "hey, we don't serve strings here! Beat it!" So the piece of string goes to the bathroom, messes up its hair, ties itself into a knot, and then returns to the bar to order a drink. The bartender says, "hey, aren't you that piece of string?" The string replies, "no, I'm a frayed knot."

      9. Why did I ask this question? Gee. Rain, I guess.

      10. Fred Flinstone would pound George into the ground.

      11. I'm trying to think of how to phrase my most important "rule" into one sentence. I'm going to borrow from Orwell's essay "Politics and the English Language": "never use a long word where a short one will do" and "if it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out." I spend a lot of time revising with those pieces of advice in mind.

      Thanks! This is going to turn into a nomination ouroboros! XD

      Delete
    2. Hey, I couldn't just go without nominating my favorite blogs!!

      Thank you for answering your own questions as well - sorry for being so curious and prying! :D That tip at the end was really helpful though. I'll endeavor to edit more!

      Octopus tattoos are freaking awesome! And yay, a fellow Futurama fan :D I'll have to check out 30 Rock.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry it took me a while to comment on your answers, I enjoyed reading all of them. And I'm so with you on zebra finches - they are adorable, and the thought of a parrot outliving me makes me sad.

    PS: I lobbied VERY hard for naming our unborn baby Polaris, but my boyfriend wasn't having it. D: I may be able to use it as a second name. Maybe. He says it only makes him think of the snowmobile brand, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we may be living parallel lives, because I almost named my daughter Polaris. My husband was even on board with it, but I couldn't get past the snowmobile brand, either. It's a great name, though, with lots of potential nicknames.

      Delete
  3. Aw! Thank you for the nomination! I feel super awful I'm so behind with everything now.

    Also, Thank you for that recipe website! I see some stuff that might help tons with our crazy busy weeknights. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And don't feel awful--thank you for taking the time to catch up on my crazy legacy. <3

      I love that website. My favorite recipe on there is probably this one: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/02/hearty-black-bean-quesadillas/ Though I use packaged taco seasoning instead of making my own.

      Delete

Post a Comment